Refactoring & Modernization
Business-critical applications are still being developed in Cobol, PL/1 or other imperative / structured programming languages. Many of them are being operated on mainframe computers.
Often, these applications are the result of financial and technical investments over many decades—and are of great value. But there are significant risks, which need to be considered carefully:
- Difficult to find support for the development team.
- The manufacturer support for tools and platforms decreases gradually.
- Current market requirements are difficult to meet, for example: low IT-costs and high flexibility in products and processes.
- The support of new technologies for mobile end devices creates additional challenges.
Faktor Zehn supports its customers in obtaining the value of their application as well as to find future oriented solutions to current challenges. By the means of our unique combination of technical and functional expertise, you will always have a competent contact partner in Faktor Zehn.
We help you with your individual gradual, step-by step transition: We advise you on defining your target-architecture. Our development team supports and complements your development team with keeping existing functionalities and with the whole transformation process into the new technology. In doing so, we rely on automated repeatable tests, on the approach of model-driven development and on the centralization of the product knowledge.
- Replacement of terminal dialogues based on texts by a graphical user interface. The usability of the application is considerably improved with relatively low interference into the technical logic. Process automation and wizards are enabled.
- Implementation of a central product component for policy, quotation and offer systems.
- Reduced costs for product launch and higher product quality for the end customer.
- Development of a new policy system while profiting from the benefit of a mainframe system of excellent quality.